1. Should I be concerned that THKD is treating patients with Covid-19?
No. To mitigate risks of virus transmission, THKD has put in place strict safety measures for the management of Covid-19 or suspected cases in our hospital. Kindly refer to question #1.
2. How do I recognize a Covid-19 patient in hospital?
All our Covid-19 patients or PUI are place in a dedicated ward and not allowed to leave their ward.
3. Will elective procedures carry on as scheduled?
Yes. Elective procedures will be carried on as scheduled by your Consultant Specialist.
4. Will I be treated near Covid-19 patients?
No. All Covid-19 patients and PUI will be admitted to our designated Covid-19 ward.
5. Can I have visitors during my admission in a normal ward?
Yes, but only 1 visitor is allowed and he/she must follow the scheduled visiting hours which are Monday to Sunday, 12pm – 2pm and 6pm – 8pm.
6. What do I need to know before coming for an outpatient appointment at THKD? Will I
be tested for Covid-19?
- Covid-19 screening will be done by Security at the entrance to the hospital, followed by a second screening at the outpatient clinic by our trained nurses before clinic visits. If you are suspected of Covid-19, you will be directed to our Communicable Disease Screening Centre for further investigation and screening.
- If you are unwell, please inform your consultant or clinic nurse prior to arriving for your appointment.
- The Covid-19 test is not required for outpatient appointments, but will be required prior to any invasive procedures or admission.
7. If I have additional questions related to Covid-19, who should I contact?
You can call our 24/7 Covid Hotline at +603 6287 1388.